The BBL has seven different filters for multiple wavelength bands (400-1400nm) and four different spot sizes, that can be customized to treat the widest range of clinical conditions, sometimes simultaneously too.
Skin Rejuvenation is achieved using Intense Pulsed Light technology. This gentle, yet highly effective method delivers concentrated light pulses that target damaged skin, fine wrinkles, enlarged pores, acne, acne scarring, red spots (haemangiomas), spider veins, small facial veins (telangiectasia), rosacea, redness & flushing, freckles, hyperpigmentation and brown spots. The light’s activity also stimulates new collagen growth and tightens underlying skin resulting in smoother skin texture and reduction of fine lines. A series of 4-6 treatments is recommended.
|Photo Facial Full Face Single Treatment||$250|
|Photo Facial Face & Neck Single Treatment||$350|
|Photo Facial Face Series of 3 Treatments||$700|
|Photo Facial Face Series of 6 Treatments||$1,250|
|Spot Treatment (cherry angioma, hyperpigmentation)||starting at $50-$150|
The SkinTyte™ procedure utilizes a broadband light energy to deeply heat dermal collagen. This process promotes partial denaturation and contraction of collagen. The heat also initiates the body’s natural healing process which creates a renewed collagen foundation leading to increased skin firmness. Powerful cooling maintains the outer surface of your skin at a cool temperature before, during and after each pulse, providing a comfortable and safe procedure. A series of pulses will be repeated over the treatment area to ensure best results. Actual time of treatment will depend on the area treated. SkinTyte™ treatments are safe for all skin types and can be performed on any area of the body where an improvement in your skin firmness is desired. Popular areas include the face, neck, abdomen and arms. It is not a substitute for a facelift, and recommended for those who desire moderate, noticeable skin improvements without having to undergo a surgery.
|SkinTyte™ Lower Face||$250|
|SkinTyte™ Face & Neck||$450|
|SkinTyte™ Series of 6 Face||$1,250|
|SkinTyte™ Series of 6 Face & Neck||$2,250|
|Tyte & Bryte - SkinTyte with a PhotoFacial||$450|
|SkinTyte™ Thighs or Abdomen||$600|
|SkinTyte™ Series of 6 Thighs or Abdomen||$3,000|
|SkinTyte™ Upper Arms||$350|
|SkinTyte™ Series of 6 Upper Arms||$1,750|
What Is Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)?
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL), also known as photo-facial, fotofacials, and photo rejuvenation is a state of the art system and the latest technique in photofacial therapy. This treatment is perfect for those whose skin reflects early signs of aging and who cannot afford the recovery time associated with other procedures. The IPL system delivers high intensity, smooth and powerful pulses of light (not lasers) that enhance your results of skin rejuvenation. Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is an extremely successful method of treating skin blemishes. These include sun damaged skin (age spots or sun spots), facial blood vessels (broken capillaries) that are close to the surface of the skin, uneven pigmentation, dull skin, fine lines, wrinkling and facial redness due to rosacea,. It is also a wonderful treatment for the flushing redness that people often experience after eating spicy food, heat, drinking alcohol or after a stressful or emotional event. IPL treatments leave a rejuvenated, soft, smooth and even-toned appearance without a lengthy healing time. IPL does not have the side effects of past laser treatment such as scarring, downtime, pain or oozing. IPL is one of the most popular treatments because of the improvements it provides. Approximately 3-6 treatments are needed to achieve the desired results. Most patients are extremely happy with the cosmetic results.
How does it work?
Each treatment takes about 20 minutes. The skin is pre-treated with a cool gel. Then, a hand-held device emits small intense bursts of light to the skin. The targeted areas such as blood vessels, brown discoloration, port wine stains, hyperpigmentation, age spots/sunspots, freckles, flat pigmented birthmarks or redness absorb the light wave, heat up and then are broken down. The penetration depth and degree of heat is highly controlled to minimize complications. The procedure is continued until all of the abnormal skin has received the small pulses of light.
An additional bonus is that the treatment causes inflammation of tiny blood vessels in the skin which stimulate the production of new collagen.
It is possible to shrink sebaceous glands (oil glands), and pore size, with repeated treatments. The number of treatments necessary to achieve this result varies from patient to patient. Other areas that effectively can be treated are: mild acne scars, acne, facial and leg veins, selectively targeting hair follicles and angioma.
How is the IPL Photo Rejuvenation treatment different from CO2 or Erbium Laser Resurfacing?
IPL photo rejuvenation is a noninvasive, safe method to improve the look and feel of the skin without undergoing the pain and downtime associated with deep laser resurfacing. Deep laser resurfacing removes the entire epidermis leaving the skin vulnerable to infection and requires 3-4 weeks of patient downtime and an even longer time to complete healing.
Does IPL Hurt?
There is a slight discomfort associated with the treatment. Each pulse of the IPL feels like an elastic band snapping against the skin. Numbing creams such as EMLA and Maxilene can be used prior to treatment, but are generally not required.
When will I notice improvement?
You will notice results after one or two treatments, depending on the nature of the problem. Some skin problems will require several treatments before you see any difference.
What areas of the body can be treated?
Any area can be treated. These may include the face, neck, chest, back, hands, arms, legs and feet.
How many treatments should I have?
A series of 3-6 treatments is usually recommended for most skin types and body areas. Treatments are usually done 3-4 weeks apart. Your technician will determine the number of treatments that your specific skin type and condition will require at the time of your consultation and treatment. We also would like to combine your photofacial treatment with a Microdermabrasion treatment immediately prior to IPL. This will be offered at a discounted price if you would like combine the two treatments into one. This is an ideal treatment for anyone looking for improved skin conditions.
Who is a good candidate?
IPL is an excellent choice for women and men of all ages considering treatment for various skin problems including:
You should NOT have IPL Photofacial treatments if you have:
What are the advantages of IPL treatments?
What are the risks?
Does it Hurt?
There is discomfort associated with the treatment. Each pulse of the IPL feels like an elastic band snapping against the skin. Numbing creams such as EMLA and Maxilene can be used prior to treatment, but are generally not required. To make to treatment more comfortable, we will cool the area with ice prior to your treatment.
When will you notice improvement?
You will start to see results after one or two treatments, depending on the nature of the problem. Some skin problems will require several treatments before you see any difference.
What areas can be treated?
Any area can be treated. This includes the face, neck, chest, back, hands, arms, legs and feet.
How many treatments should you have?
A series of 3-6 treatments is usually recommended for most skin types and body areas. Treatments are usually done about 3-4 weeks apart. We will determine the number of treatments that your specific skin type and condition will require at the time of your consultation or treatment.
What other treatments complement IPL Photorejuvenation?
Superficial chemical peels (AHA glycolic acid or salicylic acid) can improve IPL results by about 15%. Peels done a week before each IPL session strip off some superficial skin cells and thus allow better penetration of IPL.
ow should I prepare my skin prior to an IPL treatment?
What is the procedure for IPL-Intense Pulsed Light-Photofacial therapy?
1. At your first visit, we will provide a free consultation. During the consultation, we will discuss the benefits of IPL therapy, explain the procedure to you and answer any questions that you may have. Furthermore, we will explain how the procedure works and how many treatments you will need, and provide you with a price quote. We will also ask you a series of questions to determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure and to determine your skin type and sensitivity.
2. If you decide to go ahead with a treatment, photographs will be taken of the treatment area. These photographs are strictly for your chart and will not be released or used without your permission. Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us.
3. You will be asked to wash your face and to remove any makeup. It is not necessary to remove mascara, lip stick or lip liner.
4. Your skin will be cleansed and any remaining make-up will be removed.
5. You may purchase an anesthetic topical cream to be applied prior to the light exposure. This is usually not necessary.
6. Your eyes are covered with special goggles during the treatment.
7. A cold ice pack will be placed on the area being treated for approximately 5 minutes prior to your treatment. A cold, soothing gel will be applied and the IPL treatment hand piece will then be placed over the gel and treatment area. An intense flash of light, or pulse, is flashed through the prism where it is directed at the area to be treated. This initial treatment may not be as aggressive as your following treatments so as not to possibly damage the skin and to determine your skin's tolerance for further photofacial treatments.
8. You may need a spot or test patch to make sure there are no negative reactions.
9. During the treatment you may feel stinging, tingling, prickling, or burning of the lesions, but this should go away after the treatment.
10. After treatment with Intense Pulsed Light, the gel will be washed off the skin.
11. You will be provided with a pamphlet of after-care instructions and the technician will recommend specific products to take care of your skin after the treatment.
What should you expect after your treatment?
What should a person do if they get significant redness, swelling, or pain after a treatment?
1. Apply very cool or cold compresses to the face every 15 minute.
2. Take Tylenol for the discomfort.
3. Avoid the sun or bright lights as much as possible.
4. Call the office where you had your treatment. They should be happy to help you and to answer your questions.
5. If you are concerned that you have had an abnormal reaction, have a cold sore, or an infection - call the location immediately.
Precautions for the first seven days after your IPL treatment: